Most automobile accident situations, including those which involve multiple vehicles, are more complex than others. Several situations of a Greenville car crash case may be difficult to ascertain if there are no witnesses and many contradictory versions of what transpired.
In a complicated situation, the victim’s attorney may suggest employing an accident reconstruction consultant to assist in identifying what happened and confirm the victim’s lawsuit in a Greenville car crash case.
Our auto accident lawyers explain accident reconstruction specialists and how they may assist construct a compelling case in the section below. If you have been harmed in a vehicle collision, you should consider contacting a qualified attorney.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration records, between 2014 and 2015, the number of traffic collision deaths increased from 32,744 to 35,092; a 7.2 percent rise that represented the highest percentage growth in 50 years. In South Carolina, road fatalities increased by 19%. This took them from 823 to 979.
What Is Accident Reconstruction, and How Can It Support Your Greenville Car Accident Case?
Accident reconstruction is the process of determining why a collision occurred. The findings made throughout this procedure are based on evidence acquired at the site as well as material obtained from other sources. When the reason for a Greenville car crash case is not immediately evident or easy to ascertain, this procedure is frequently utilized.
One of the most important factors in a vehicle accident lawsuit is fault. The at-fault driver is financially responsible for the crash’s damages. If the plaintiff and their lawyer are unable to demonstrate that the other motorist was at fault, their claim will most likely be dismissed.
What Is the Role of a Reconstruction Expert?
Accident reconstruction specialists are specifically trained to evaluate the elements involved in a car accident that might include:
- Where the cars involved came to a halt following the crash
- The state of the road where the accident occurred
- The severity of the damage
- Debris strewn over the road
- Issues with visibility that may have led to the crash
- The weather conditions as they were at the time of the crash
- Whether or not the brakes were engaged before impact
- Angles of steering
- Whether or not the engine lights were turned on before the collision
- If before the collision, the vehicle’s rpm was measured
- Evaluating whether or not the cruise control was on at the time of impact
- Checking to verify if anti-lock brakes were active
- The direction of impact
- The speed at the time of contact, as well as other elements, based on the circumstances of the accident
Accident reconstruction specialists study the damage to the cars involved, as well as the evidence assembled at the scene of the Greenville car crash case. They also go over the police statement, witness testimonies, the repair shop’s damage inspection and impact ratings for all involved cars, photos of the site, medical records, and other pertinent material.
Reconstruction specialists may examine data recorded by event data recorders in one or both of the cars involved in the collision.
When Do Accident Reconstruction Experts Come Into Consideration?
There are several reasons why this sort of expert may be called in to assist with the development of a case:
- Either no one observed the collision or the witnesses were unable to be located
- Those involved had little, if any, recollections of what occurred
- The witnesses were all connected in the collision
- There is a lot of contradictory information on the accident
- It is not intuitively clear who is to blame
- The cars involved were severely damaged
- When a faulty component may have contributed to the accident
- A loved one of yours was killed in the accident
- There is no evidence
Find an experienced professional who you can rely on to refer you to an accident reconstruction specialist if required for your Greenville car crash case. It is difficult for accident victims to determine when such a move may be essential.
Contact Greenville Auto Accident Attorneys for Assistance:
You may believe in yourself that you are capable of handling a Greenville car crash case on your own. Even if plaintiffs have previously submitted car insurance claims, the procedure can be difficult and intimidating.
You do not have to go through this alone; battling the insurance company while they attempt to refute or undervalue your claim. Our office has an experienced attorney ready to assist you, and we are prepared to handle the most difficult disputes. There is no charge for the initial consultation session with our car accident lawyer in Greenville, SC.